An unparalleled opportunity to learn
and grow–without leaving your orchestra
Previous participants say:
“I will use what I’ve been taught for the rest of my professional life.”
“I am not sure I would have had the confidence to take an executive director role
without having gone through this program.”
Applications have closed.
Creating a vibrant future for the orchestral field.
The League of American Orchestras’ flagship Emerging Leaders Program offers a powerful curriculum to cultivate and strengthen the capabilities of high-potential orchestra professionals. Open to administrative managers, orchestra musicians, and conductors, the Emerging Leaders Program seeks individuals who bring the imagination, drive, and commitment to grow as leaders in their own orchestras and to serve as champions for the field in the decades to come.
You'll start off with a comprehensive 360° review and wrap up by presenting your capstone project at the League's 2020 National Conference.
Emerging Leaders Program 2018-2019 cohort
Curious? Read about last year's cohort here.
- focused one-on-one coaching
- three in-depth seminars led by leadership experts
- three virtual convenings
- site visits with leaders and institutions from outside the orchestra field
- a complimentary individual registration to the League's 2020 Mid-Winter Managers Meeting and 2020 National Conference
- the opportunity to develop and present a capstone project in conjunction with the League’s National Conference.
The Emerging Leaders Program is made possible by generous grants from American Express, The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Arts.