Helping Musicians Strengthen Their Digital Presence
Orchestra musicians are now recording “at home” performances and creating educational programming for virtual broadcast in support of their organizations during the pandemic. Increasingly, sound and video quality have become an important metric for a successful online experience. The Ford Musician Impact Fund will assist musicians in need of hardware and accessories to make their digital presence stronger, giving them the professional tools they need to deliver at the highest level in our current reality.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 17, 2020 or until all funds have been distributed.
About the Fund
- $25,000 will be distributed to orchestra musicians to assist in making their virtual presence stronger.
- More than 150 musicians will receive a one-time payment of $150 for the purchase of hardware and/or accessories.
- Orchestra musicians from League member orchestras are eligible. (Youth, collegiate, and international orchestra musicians are not eligible.)
- A limit of three musicians per orchestra will be awarded.
- The Impact Fund supports virtual work done with the orchestra, including solo performance and chamber music, i.e., “at home” performances and educational programming. (Activities like private teaching are not eligible.)
- The Impact Fund prioritizes need-based purchases of microphones, cameras, lighting, video editing software, audio editing software, tripods, and accessories.
- Fund recipients will be asked to share video links and photos so we can tell the story of the work you are doing.
- The League welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
How to Apply
Submit a one-page statement responding to the following prompts:
- Tell us why you are in need of this equipment and how it will make an impact in the work you do.
- How much does it cost? Please include a link or screenshot to the item(s).
- What “at home” performances, educational programming, and/or virtual orchestra-related work are you doing and how does it support your orchestra?
- We anticipate a large volume of applications.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
- We hope to respond to Impact Fund awardees within five business days. If you receive an award, please allow our accounting department 3-4 weeks to process and distribute your payment.
The Ford Musician Impact Fund is made possible by Ford Motor Company Fund.