Welcoming young professionals to the orchestra family
Aimed at young professionals in their 20s, 30s and 40s, Ovations is a volunteer group at the Orlando Philharmonic designed to cultivate a younger audience demographic and to deepen the experience through relationship building. The group focuses on audience development through social events and behind-the-scenes opportunities. Ovations members pay a $35 per year membership fee and are encouraged to assist with at least one fundraising event each year.
- Members receive: Invitations to exclusive parties and receptions
- Ticket discounts
- Block seating at concerts so members can sit together
- Ability to attend open rehearsals, and occasionally sit onstage
- Opportunity to attend educations programs
- Opportunities to participate in back stage and behind-the-scene activities
- Ability to connect and network with other young professionals with similar interests
Events are key to the group’s success:
The group held a kick-off party early in the season to spur networking, community visibility, and to give attendees a “try before you buy” experience. The music director, principal pops and resident conductor, executive director, and various members of the board were all present to welcome the young crowd.
- Other events have included: Informal lunch with music director
- Champagne and backstage pre-concert conversation with principal pops and resident conductor
- Onstage seating for an open rehearsal
- Wine tasting with a discussion about Mozart, led by the music director
- Music trivia contest with principal pops and resident conductor
Ovations has a core membership of 38 members, all of whom are encouraged to invite friends and associates to Philharmonic concerts and events. Word of mouth and networking opportunities have made Ovations a very successful program.
For more information:
Gretchen Miller Basso at:
407-896-6700 x 223
Orlando Ovation Web Site