Conference and Meetings
2014 Mid-Winter Managers Weekend
Thanks for attending the 2014 Mid-Winter Managers Meeting! The following information from the meeting is provided for reference only.
Click here for a full list of upcoming League meetings including the 2015 Mid-Winter Managers Meeting.
|Welcome and Remarks
Jesse Rosen, president and CEO, League of American Orchestras
|Evolving Digital Strategy for American Orchestras
The digital explosion has challenged orchestras to rethink their relationship with audience, to “re-tune” their revenue expectations from digital platforms, and to re-examine what material should be proprietary and what might be shared. Assumptions that have long held true for an earlier media era may no longer be warranted. What rules of the road merit re-writing for success in today’s digital landscape?
Download the PowerPoint and transcript from Elizabeth Scott, former vice president for programming and business affairs for Major League Baseball, and now chief media and digital officer for Lincoln Center, here.
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Corporation For International Business: Sunday Evening Reception
Talaske | Sound Thinking is the official name badge holder of the League of American Orchestras
Triplet Music Products, Inc.: Opening Session
Save the Date: The League’s 2013 National Conference
Destination: St. Louis
We’re headed to St. Louis for the 2013 Conference June 18- 20, so why not start planning now? Sign-up for Destination: St. Louis and you can:
- Make low monthly payments toward your 2013 Conference in St. Louis, totaling less than the 2012 registration rate
- Be heard on what topics you’d like covered in 2013
- Get VIP treatment in St. Louis plus exclusive access to post-Conference content
- Payments are transferable: sponsor the professional development of your board and staff
- Member rate is available for $45/month, first-timer rate for $35/month*. Discounted monthly payments for large groups are also available.
*Total registration rate is due before or at Conference: member rate $540 plus a $10 set-up fee; first-timer rate $420 plus a $10 set-up fee