Save the dates for Conference 2018
At a Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert, Yo-Yo Ma (left) joins hands with Riccardo Muti during a curtain call. Photo credit: Todd Rosenberg
Chicago, June 13-15, 2018
The League of American Orchestras
73rd National Conference
Hosted by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Riccardo Muti, Zell Music Director
Network with Colleagues, Develop Skills, and Be Inspired by the World-renowned Riccardo Muti and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
CSO Judson and Joyce Green Creative Consultant Yo-Yo Ma to Speak at the Closing Plenary and to Receive the League’s 2018 Gold Baton Award
Muti, Ma, and the CSO Perform a Program of Works by Shostakovich and Prokofiev
Palmer House–A Hilton Hotel
17 East Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Room Rates: $239/night + tax (currently 17.4%)
312 726 7500
Gather with your peers and leaders in the field to solve problems, share ideas, and develop skills in plenary sessions, constituent meetings, and elective sessions in five tracks:
- Artistic Vitality
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Engagement and Innovation
- Leadership, People, Culture
- Marketing and Development
- Anthony McGill (Principal Clarinet, New York Philharmonic) and Demarre McGill (Principal Flute, Seattle Symphony) who will perform a double concerto with the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras, conducted by Allen Tinkham, Music Director.
- Presentation and performance by Chicago Sinfonietta’s Project Inclusion Fellows and alumni.
- Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, Chorus Director Christopher Bell, and the Grant Park Orchestra and Chorus for opening night of the Grant Park Music Festival 2018 season in the Frank Gehry-designed Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park.
- Exhibits by current and prospective business partners.
- Content-rich Pre-Conference seminars beginning Wednesday, June 13.
- And much more!
Mark Your Calendar for June 13-15!
We’ll Email You When Registration is Open
You Won’t Want to Miss the Early-bird Discount
Check out Chicago Symphony Orchestra's preview video for the 2018 National Conference: