1,000 League Members Can't be Wrong!
Why do nearly a thousand board members, managers, musicians, and volunteers of America’s orchestras make the annual pilgrimage to the League’s National Conference?
“I have been coming to Conference for more than a decade. I’d miss the rejuvenating quality of the interaction with my peers, but if I didn’t get a return I wouldn’t come back. Fortunately, I always do, and I don’t expect Dallas to be any different.” J. L. Nave, president and CEO, Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra
Why do nearly a thousand board members, managers, musicians, and volunteers of America’s orchestras—from more than 200 orchestras and related organizations—make the annual pilgrimage to the League’s National Conference? Here are some reasons why:
- Just being there—having the experience of interacting in person with colleagues is something you don’t get sitting in your office and watching Conference highlights on YouTube
- A Key source of personal and professional renewal and the vitality of being around others who share my issues and challenges
- Information exchange with friends and colleagues the spirit of rejuvenation
- Collective brainstorming and problem-solving through regular interaction
- Essential professional development for staff
- Ideas for cost savings; face-to-face meetings; revenue-generation ideas; round tables and constituency meeting shaing
- Quality time with my Chair/CEO