Visa and tax for foreign guest artists action
At a time when international cultural exchange is of great value to the international interests of the United States, orchestras and nonprofit arts organizations continue to confront delays and uncertainties getting approval for visa petitions for foreign guest artists. In a coordinated effort with other national performing arts organizations, orchestras are working with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of State, and Congress to improve the immigration procedures for foreign guest artists.
Contacting Congress is simple and will make a difference. We have prepared an advocacy campaign with essential background, talking points, and a template letter for you to personalize your communication with policymakers. Please note that identical copies of your letter will go to both of your Senators and your Representative.
TAKE ACTION: VISAS FOR FOREIGN GUEST ARTISTS
Improve the Artist Visa Process
- League Submits Coalition Comments on Executive in Residence Program to USCIS – March 5, 2014
- Artist Visa Improvements Advance in Senate – June 25, 2013
- League and Coalition Support Senate Amendment – June 12, 2013
- League Comments on Draft O Visa RFE Template – February 12, 2013
- USCIS Promises Major Improvements to the Visa Process
- New Policy Supports Complete Itinerary Approvals
- Comments Respond to USCIS Proposed Fee Increase
- Comments Respond to USCIS Draft Visa Guidance
- Visa Process for Multi-Venue Petitions Reinstated
- ARTS Act Introduced in Congress