Jobs Available at the League
Thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with the League of American Orchestras. These are the positions available at the League:
The League of American Orchestras (americanorchestras.org) leads, supports, and champions America’s orchestras and the vitality of the music they perform. Founded in 1942 and chartered by Congress in 1962, the League links a national network of thousands of instrumentalists, conductors, managers and administrators, board members, volunteers, and business partners. Its diverse membership of nearly 800 orchestras across North America runs the gamut from world-renowned symphonies to community groups, from summer festivals to student and youth ensembles. The only national organization dedicated solely to the orchestral experience, the League is a nexus of knowledge and innovation, advocacy, and leadership advancement for managers, musicians, volunteers, and boards. Its conferences and events, award-winning Symphony magazine, website, and other publications inform music lovers around the world about orchestral activity and developments.
The Finance Associate is responsible for the League’s Accounts Payable and Payroll functions as well as Human Resource administration. This position will provide daily departmental support, including analyses of financial records and interaction with staff on the organization’s policies.
- Process and enter approved invoices and credit card expenses, verifying accounting and project codes and supporting documentation.
- Generate checks and secure signatures.
- Prepare all month-end allocations of overhead costs for review and Journal Entry.
- Review and clear suspense and exchange accounts.
- Liaison with Payroll Service.
- Review staff time and leave usage prior to payroll submission.
- Add/remove staff changes and update changes to medical, FSA, and transit deductions/ 403b contributions.
- Prepare salary allocations and book the payroll in the League’s accounting system.
- Communicate staff changes to benefit providers, including COBRA
- Maintain all personnel files in timely and orderly fashion
Other Departmental Functions:
- Track Consultant expenses for 1099 preparation at the end of the year.
- Review W-2s in advance of mailing to ensure accuracy.
- Scan of all invoices and contracts into the accounting system to ensure that documentation is in place and file paper copies.
- Submit the League’s bank deposits remotely, each day.
- Create analyses or reports for department and staff, as required
- Petty Cash Administration
- Work collaboratively with members of all departments.
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required with 2-3 years’ work experience. Candidate must be extremely organized, have great attention to details and have strong Excel skills, and prior experience with both accounting software and on-line payroll preparation. The ability to multi-task is essential.