Jobs available at the League
Thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with the League of American Orchestras. These are the positions available at the League:
Research and Data Manager
The Research and Data Manager reports to the VP, Knowledge Center and is a key role within the Knowledge Center team. S/he is charged with gathering, analyzing and synthesizing data for the League’s members and staff, with the goal of supporting them in becoming more effective and successful in their work. The Research and Data Manager is also responsible for maintaining and improving the League’s data and research resources; ensuring the highest quality of response to all inquiries; and providing general support to the Knowledge Center team.
- Annual surveys: maintain annual schedule and manage communications with survey participants (member orchestras); undertake data analysis; ensure data accuracy; improve capacity for longitudinal analysis; create reports, graphs, charts and infographics capable of communicating key survey findings.
- Ad hoc surveys: design and program surveys in Key Survey, undertake general administrative duties including data gathering, follow-ups and reporting.
- Data requests: ensure timely and helpful responses by email and telephone (with support of the Knowledge Center Assistant); implement strategies for improving customer service.
- League list-serves: monitor list-serve content, identifying opportunities to inform discussion with data and research findings.
- Data warehousing: build longitudinally accurate data-sets; create report templates; support the development, implementation and maintenance of new data warehousing solutions.
- Staff management: manage one direct report (responsible for incoming member inquiries) as well as the recruitment and management of Knowledge Center interns.
- Work collaboratively with members of all departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Bachelor’s degree or greater, with 2 or more years’ work experience in research or data analysis. All candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to synthesize and analyze non-profit financial and operational data; also to find the story in the data and to communicate research findings clearly, both verbally and in writing. Advanced Excel skills and database experience, coupled with an analytical mindset, are essential. A strong customer service orientation, together with project management and team working skills, are also required. In addition, the ideal candidate will also have experience of managing direct reports, an understanding of social media analytics, experience of finding creative solutions to data depiction challenges (eg infographics) and the ability to identify and implement improvements to knowledge management systems.
How to apply:
Please provide a current resume and a cover letter that clearly outlines how your experience, skills and knowledge qualify you for the position, based on the information above.
The League of American Orchestras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.