Jobs available at the League
Thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with the League of American Orchestras. These are the positions available at the League:
The Director, Marketing, reporting to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications, is responsible for reinforcing the League's value proposition in order to recruit and retain members and to increase use of the League's products and services, including, but not limited to, the League's national Conference and online discussion groups through the League 360 platform. This position is responsible for membership revenue. It must ensure that that information needed to analyze the results of marketing efforts are clearly delineated and readily available. The Director, Marketing must work closely and collaboratively with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications; the Director, Member and Patron Information Systems; and the Director, Member Engagement.
- Establish and monitor annual revenue and participation goals for member orchestras and other members, e.g., universities, businesses, and individuals.
- Develop effective marketing strategies to reinforce the League’s value proposition, continually improving member recruitment and retention and increasing use of the Leagues products and services, including the National Conference, governance seminars, digital learning events, and more.
- Write and oversee production and dissemination – in collaboration with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications and the Director, Media Relations and Communications – all membership materials, including, but not limited to, correspondence, renewal mailings, ads, web pages, and a bi-weekly newsletter, as well as promotions, microsites, web pages, and apps for the Conference and other events and services.
- Oversee and collaborate with the Director, Member and Patron Information Systems on the timely processing of membership applications, renewals, and expirations.
- In collaboration with the Director, Member Engagement, oversee the promotion and use of the League 360 online community (using the Higher Logic platform).
- Oversee the members’ job web site.
- Identify information required to provide an understanding of member activities and ensure that they are being properly tracked within the database and that reports can be easily generated. Using this information, devise strategies that will increase awareness and use of League products and activities.
- Working with senior staff to determine target audiences for these products, establish goals to be reached, and monitor responses.
- Work with departmental staff on strategies to segment potential audiences and devise specialized communications for those groups.
- Provide support to member orchestra marketing managers, including conference calls and convenings.
- Serve as liaison to member orchestra marketing managers on their needs for the Conference constituency meetings.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in all departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
BA and a minimum of five years of experience related to membership marketing, with experience in the marketing mix of product, price, place, and promotion. The candidate must possess both a marketing mindset – including strong writing, sales, and market segmentation skills – and technical knowledge and skills. He or she should have an awareness of broader trends affecting membership associations along with excellent interpersonal skills, i.e., the ability to interact professionally and persuasively on the phone, by email, and in person with all levels of members, staff, and the general public. He or she must possess a high comfort level with databases, online member communities and discussion groups, SQL, and Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with NetForum and Higher Logic is a plus. Interest in the arts and a knowledge of music are preferred. Other attributes required: analytical, goal oriented, organized, and detail oriented with a strong service mentality and work ethic.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
The Administrative Assistant provides a full range of administrative support for the League’s activities, including seminars, its National Conference, online learning, grant making, and artistic programs. The position reports to the Vice President of Leadership & Development and the Director of Programs.
- Provide administrative support for all departmental staff and activities, including scheduling, preparing materials, processing letters of agreement, arranging travel, and tracking expenditures.
- Process and track program or grant applications and reports and communicate with members about them.
- Respond to member inquiries, providing information as it relates to departmental activities.
- Act as a key logistics liaison for all program/seminar attendees.
- Data entry and analysis.
- Assist with the research and development of new initiatives and programs.
- Pro-actively identify means and methods of strengthening departmental operations.
- Work collaboratively with members of all departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties assigned.
BA and a minimum of two years’ work experience. High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, databases (CRM). Experience with online meeting/learning platforms a plus.
Candidate should be a self-starter who has an exceptional ability to prioritize and organize time to execute multiple tasks and help staff meet deadlines. S/he should possess strong attention to detail; the ability to effectively communicate the department’s needs to other staff members; and the ability to interact professionally on the phone, by email, and in person with all levels of members, staff, and the general public. Ability to travel in the U.S.
Musical knowledge, particularly about orchestras, a plus.
Please send response, including salary requirements to:
Meetings and Logistics Coordinator
The Meeting and Logistics Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Advertising and Meetings, is responsible for coordination of in-house and off-site meetings, including the League’s national conference. S/he is also responsible for special projects, contracting and billing for advertising in print and on-line publications, and providing general support throughout the year. This position also serves as liaison to the League’s Volunteer Council and assists in coordinating activities and logistics around their meetings and events.
- Provide logistical support for all League convenings, on- and off-site, ensuring smooth and efficient operations: coordinate presentation materials; identify and accommodate presenters’ specific needs; arrange shipments to venues; work with audio/visual vendors; draft and confirm food and beverage orders; negotiate vendor contracts.
- Manage and coordinate use of on-site meeting spaces, serving as primary contact for members or outside organizations. Provide back-up and catering support, as required.
- List maintenance and support of conference exhibitor/sponsor activities.
- Work with business partners/sponsors, servicing benefits.
- Coordinate all planning meetings for conference and other convenings with staff: draft agendas; circulate minutes
- Create, circulate, and manage current and accurate meeting production plans. Manage and support activities, as needed.
- Speaker management: prepare agreements; gather biographical and other support materials; track travel arrangements; maintain accurate hotel lists; process re-imbursements;
- Review and edit event materials for accuracy and adherence to production plans.
- Manage the collection of data for the annual business directory, emerging artists listings, pops listings, and the festivals listings in Symphony magazine, compile and edit these listings for submission to the magazine.
- Generate contracts, invoices, and media kits. Reconcile invoices with finance staff at the end of each month
- Maintain accurate information related to advertisers in database.
- Serve as primary liaison for volunteers, monitoring the activities on League360, and conducting outreach through various communication vehicles.
- Coordinate and manage Volunteer Council annual meetings and programming at conference, tracking expenses to budget.
- Provide administrative support to the Volunteer Council as needed
- Work collaboratively with members of all departments
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Bachelor’s degree and experience in event/meeting planning. Candidate must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with and the ability to handle multiple tasks under time constraints. Solid interpersonal skills are required. Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, relational databases), as well as a strong work ethic and service mentality. The position requires the ability to work some evenings and weekends (during the run up to conference) and 2-3 weeks of travel annually.
How to apply:
Please provide a current resume and a cover letter that clearly outlines how your experience, skills, and knowledge qualify you for the position as well as salary requirements, based on the information above.